Sunday, January 13, 2013

Twins!

I was surprised, by Matthew's reaction, when I told him that taking Clomid elevated our chance of having Twins, he was delighted by the prospect.

At first, I voiced a lot of protest. I reminded Matthew that being pregnant with multiples is dangerous for the mother and the babies are at higher risk for complications and health problems. I even sent him a link to Tereza Vlckova's photographs of creepy twins, thinking it might put him off the idea. He is undeterred.

And the truth is, despite my valid concerns, I would be delighted to be pregnant with twins. After so much longing for just one child, I would welcome two. (Of course, I would ultimately welcome any number of multiples, but I would much prefer to not to have more than two people gestating in me at once. Fortunately higher order multiples are still rare with Clomid ). I am having fun, fantasizing about twins, I know it might not happen and I will be OK if it doesn't, so perhaps that makes it easier to have fun with the idea.

Image Source

No comments: